Hello and Welcome to our Blog
Welcome to Class Three’s blog page. We will keep you updated with the fun and exciting things we get up to everyday via our Twitter feed and blog. We would really appreciate you commenting on our posts and letting us know what you think.
Mr Dean, Mrs Fleming and Mrs Secco
Class 3 news...
On Wednesday we are being visited by the Author Matt Oldfield who writes a series of football books.
To be in with a chance of winning one of his books we have decided to hold a writing competition. To enter simply type your piece of writing under the blog post but don’t forget to include your name. Alternatively you can write it at home and bring it into school by Tuesday. Winners will be announced on Tuesday afternoon. The writing prompts are listed below or you could think of your own idea:
- Who are your heroes? Write a biography of your hero.
- Imagine that in the future you are a footballing legend. What would your journey fromthe playground to the pitch be? Write a biography in the style of the Ultimate FootballHeroes books telling how you became a sporting hero.
- Read one of the Ultimate Football Heroes books and then imagine that you are interviewing the player. Write your questions and what you believe their answers would be.
- Read one of the Ultimate Football Heroes books and then write about an event from the book from the point of view of the player. How did they feel when this happened?
- The Ultimate Football Heroes books features sets of instructions to help you to ‘PlayLike Your Heroes’. Write your own set of instructions to help someone carry out a sporting move or technique.
Good Luck!4 Comments
This is a photograph that is related to our new Geography topic.
Does you know who these men? What did they do that made them very famous?
Do you know any other interesting facts about our new topic?
Leave your comments below please.
Class three have enjoyed working in teams today to sort words into the correct word group.
Some of the words were quite tricky but with team work, collaboration and resilience we got there in the end!
This week is Anti Bullying week. As a school we have decided to take on the Random Acts of Kindness challenge. Choose one of the acts each day and try it out to make someone else smile. Let us know which one you have tried in the comments below.2 Comments