Art and Design
Through teaching Art at Pleasant Street Primary School we aim to …
- Provide a varied, imaginative, innovative and co-ordinated art programme which will foster enthusiasm for art and design amongst all children.
- Allow children to foster an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and a knowledge of artists, craftspeople and designers, through links with the local and wider multi-cultural community.
- Stimulate children’s creativity and imagination by providing visual, tactile and sensory experiences.
- Help children explore the world at first hand, using all their senses and experimentation, and so gain knowledge and understanding of the world in which they live.
- Develop children’s understanding of colour, form, texture, pattern and their ability to use materials and processes to communicate ideas, feelings and meanings.
- Inspire confidence, value and pleasure in art and to encourage children to express their feelings about art.
- Enhance children’s ability to respond critically and imaginatively to ideas, images and objects.