At Pleasant Street Primary School, RE both supports and strengthens what we aim to do in every aspect of school life. Our caring ethos and the value which we place on the development of the whole child; spiritually, morally, socially, culturally and intellectually is reflected in the RE curriculum.
Specifically, RE at our school aims to enable pupils of whatever ability and level of development to:
- Acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of principal world faiths practised in Great Britain. These include Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism.
- Develop an understanding of the influence of beliefs, values and traditions on individuals, communities, societies and cultures;
- Develop the ability to make reasoned and informed judgements about religious and moral issues with reference to the teachings of the principal religions
- Enhance their own spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.
- Recognise the right of people to hold different beliefs within a religiously diverse society.
RE Long Term Plan